How did you go with your meal plan last week?? Did it work out for you, any struggles?
This week is all about portion control – if you are a mum you can probably nod your head that you finish your kids leftovers, eat while making dinner or cleaning up – it is so important when you are trying to maintain a healthy body weight or shaping up before the summer, that you really have a look at your portions. Diets definitely don’t work and who has time to make separate meals for you and then your family. So here are some of my favourite tips that I share with my clients on how to maintain a healthy body weight but at the same time eat what your family is eating:
- Cook healthy and wholesome foods that you and your family will benefit from – full of wholesome vegies, fruit, low fat meats and FRESH produce – if the sun hasn’t touched it then you are better off not eating it!
- Eat when your kids eat! Biggest tip that I can give – as much as I want to eat with my hubby when he comes home from work it is just too late and I hate going to bed on a full belly. Instead I eat with the kids and then I have no chance of eating off their plates and then having another dinner
- Portion Control is key –In this picture you will see 2 different portions the little one if for me and the 2nd is for Kasper – I generally try and eat from a entree plate at night as I have eaten every 3 hours during the day therefore I am not starving at night. Try and serve yourself a small portion like the kids and after you have a glass of water and wait for at least 5 minutes then see if you are hungry before going back for seconds.
- Listen to your body – Are you feeling full? Have you had some water after dinner?
- Add protein to your meal – by adding protein to your meal you will stay fuller for longer!
Week 2 – Simonsen’s Meal Plan
Sunday: Pesto Pasta with Salad & garlic bread
Monday: Donna Hay Chicken with Halloumi & Honey, potato salad & garden salad (grandparents for dinner)
Tuesday: Cheesy Beef Tortilla Stack from Hello Fresh recipe – KIDS FAVOURITE
(had no zucchini’s so added spinach instead kids didn’t notice – Baharat spice is Mixed spice)
Wednesday: Fish & Roasted Vegetable Quinoa Salad
Thursday: Danish Pork/veal meatballs with rice and steamed vegetables
Friday: Leftover Fridays the same as Thursday with cut up vegie sticks instead
Saturday: Night off – If you are at home use whatever is left in the fridge and make a little antipasto board or omelette! Or get your partner to surprise you 😉