Who doesn’t love the Mediterranean diet???? This salad has stacks of delicious vegetables, fresh produce and packed with the nutrients that we need to fuel our bodies. I would usually make this salad with cous cous but I am loving Quinoa right now to mention the great source of protein, fibre, vitamins and minerals that it has to offer, meaning that it can be eaten on its own and it still fills you up.
Roasted Vegetable Quinoa Salad
The perfect salad all year round. It goes beautifully with a roasted leg of lamb, grilled chicken or just eat it as a salad.
This salad can be kept up to 3 days in the fridge
- 1 cup Quinoa
- 2 cups of water or chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 tsp of Moroccan spice
- Yoghurt dip – click here for recipe
- 1 red capsicum diced
- 1 zucchini diced
- 1 sweet potato diced
- 2 x Fresh Beetroot (pre-cooked)
- 100g rocket
- Olive oil
- Balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 Lemon (don’t have fresh lemon add 4 drops of lemon essential oil)
Optional: Cumin essential oil
- Add your quinoa, liquid and spice to a saucepan and cook for around 15 mins make sure to check the instructions on the packet
- Turn your oven on to around 180 degrees
- Dice all your vegetables and add them to baking tray, add 1 tablespoon of olive oil and a drizzle of balsamic vinegar, sprinkle vegetables with Moroccan spice and S+P. Bake for around 15 to 20mins until vegetables are soft. Optional add 1 drop of cumin essential oil
- Once both the quinoa and vegetables are cooked allow to cool for around 15mins prior to constructing you salad.
- In the meantime put together your yoghurt dip and grab a salad bowl for your salad. Dice your beetroot.
- Time to construct salad add quinoa, vegetables and rocket in a bowl – mix together
- Add some salt and pepper, a squeeze of lemon juice and your salad is ready
[recipe-tips]If you are going to cook your own beetroot you will need to allow for a little extra time. If I am in a hurry I will buy the pre-cooked beetroot that is available in my local supermarket – not the canned beetroot. [/recipe-tips]