Healthy bliss balls are definitely a great snack to have around the house, perfect for those after dinner cravings for something sweet, healthy and cute enough to add to your kids lunch boxes and the perfect home-made snack to take to your friend’s house!
Healthy Bliss Ball Base
Looking at clearing out the pantry this is a great way to use up all your dried fruits you can add anything to this base
- 12 to 16 dates (the fresh ones in the fruit & veg area are the best), pitted
- 2 to 3 tablespoons of Maple Syrup or honey – may need more
- 1 cup of rolled oats
- 1 tablespoon of cacao powder
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
- 1/2 cup of desiccated coconut
- Add all the above ingredients to your food processor until all ingredients are combined
- Choose what flavours you would like, see my top 4 below. If you are choosing your own flavours you will need to add around 2.5 cups of nuts, seeds, coconut flakes, chocolate, dried fruit
- Blend all ingredients together until combined and form a smooth dough like consistency
- Roll up into small balls around a tablespoon size and or make a slice and press the mixture firmly into a slice tin and store in fridge for 5 hours until firm. You can then add them a nice platter and take them around to your friend’s house or serve them with coffee after a dinner party!
Here are some ideas to help you out:
Wild Orange & cranberry – Juice = Orange juice, 3 drops of wild orange essential oil, 1/2 cup dried cranberries, 1 cup of almonds, 1 cup of pepita seeds
After dinner mint – Juice = apple juice, 3 drops of peppermint essential oil, 1/2 cup of dark chocolate bits, 1 cup of almonds, 1 cup of sunflower seeds
Chocolate Jaffa – Juice = orange juice, 3 drops of wild orange essential oil, 1 cup of dark chocolate bits, 1 cup of pepita seeds, 1/2 cup of sunflower seeds
Apricot bliss – Juice – apricot juice , 1 cup of apricots, 1 cup of almonds, 1/2 coconut flakes – some extra desiccated coconut to roll the balls up in the coconut afterwards
Health Tip: Remember that everything in moderation and that when eating dried fruits that they also count as your fruit portion for the day plus dried fruit is high in natural sugar so you don’t want to go crazy and eat the lot 🙂
Want to know how much of each food group you should be having each day, check out the recommended number of serves per day for an adult/kid – you will be surprised!
Storage ideas: Place them in an airtight container and store them in the freezer so that they last longer and you can take them out when needed!
Make sure to reach out if you need help with finding food grade essential oils – you only want to use the purest form 🙂 – email@example.com