Perfect dish for the kids when they are not feeling the best! Plus it is quick and easy for those busy nights. Its so tasty I actually enjoyed eating this.
What you need
1 x chicken breast (diced)
1 x Carrot
1 x Zucchini
1/2 cup of risoni pasta
1 tablespoon of olive oil
A drop of Oregano essential oil
Grated parmesan cheese
1. Cut up your chicken, carrot and zucchini in small cubes. The zucchini and carrots can be replaced with any other vegetable that your child likes or that you have available in your fridge.
2. Heat oil in a small saucepan. Add your chicken and cook till lightly browned. Then add your vegetables and cook for a further 2 minutes.
3. Add 2 cups of water and one drop of oregano essential oil and bring to the boil, make sure that all the chicken and vegetables are covered.
For a more intense flavour you can replace the water with chicken stock but since I am preparing this for my 10 month old I don’t want to add any extra salt to the dish.
4. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes, remember to stir it occasionally.
5. Add pasta and cook uncovered for another 6 minutes or as per the instructions on the pasta packaging.
6. Season with grated parmesan cheese.
Why use Oregano Essential Oil in your cooking?
Oregano is one of the most potent and powerful essential oils and has been used for centuries in traditional medicine for its cleansing and immune-boosting properties.
It provides immune-enhancing benefits, supports healthy digestion and respiratory function and is an excellent source of antioxidants.
Note: If you are going to use Essential Oils in your kitchen make sure that you read the bottle and that they are safe for consumption. There are a lot of synthetic oils out there that should not be consumed. Before consuming or cooking with any essential oil, check its references and determine that it is certified.
If you are pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor’s care, consult your physician prior to using essential oils in your cooking.