What are you struggling with at the moment? Emotion eating, lack of motivation, sad, sadness, boredom so many words can describe what we are feeling at the moment and the total overwhelm can definitely play a toll on our health.
On Monday night I decided to record a short video on a few tips that I believe my clients are struggling with at the moment and came up with some tips to support you during this time.
I would love for you to watch the recording or below is a quick overview of what we spoke about and seem to be common issues with most.
- Emotional Eating = You either eat or down eat so make sure you have healthy snacks like bliss ball in the cupboard that you can turn to or keep yourself busy around the home – create a list of things to do
- Boredom/overcoming cravings – add more protein and healthy fats to your diet, don’t bring temptation home, learn to read a label
- Meal plan – keep doing this and let yourself be creative in the kitchen, get the kids involved. SAVE MONEY
- Water – Lots of it, jug on the bench so it is always in your face. A friend of mine had a great idea and was doing a water challenge 2 litres in a day, great way to keep each other accountable and working together as a family with a common goal LOVE IT
- Exercise – THS IS IMPORTANT – no excuses as you can’t use time anymore, will list some ideas in the comments for this. Make a challenge for yourself, LIKE I will walk 5kms 3 times a week
- Sleep – stick to a good sleep routine go to bed at the same time and wake up at the same time.
- Essential oils – this is the time that you can experiment with them and find what oils work for you when it comes to emotions.
- Practice Mindfulness – Each day take 5mins to reflect, notice your surroundings how you are feeling, acknowledge the present and say what you are grateful for.
- Home Cook – Stay away from take away a lot less unwanted kilojoules int he food that you make. Get the kids into a master chef challenge
- Create a family activity that you can all do – we are doing 80 countries in 80 days, fun, the kids are learning something new plus we were suppose to go to Denmark in July so we are starting in Australia and will end up in Denmark.
I hope these tips are helpful and you and your family are safe and well. I would also love to hear from you if you have some great tips to share with our community or struggling with something and need advice.